I took a look at my reading challenge on goodreads today and I’m two books behind my goal right now. I have abandoned more than a few books this year already, so it feels like I’ve read more than I guess I actually have. Also, I am catching up pretty quickly right now, I have a stack of books from a garage sale to get through and about three books waiting for me at the library right now. I don’t think it will take me long to get on track again.
Of all the books on this list, there’s only one I can say I really didn’t enjoy much (Boyfriend Sweater). If I hadn’t already confessed that I have abandoned books, you’d think I was having some really amazing reading luck!
- When We Were Worthy by Marybeth Mayhew Wahlen – 3 stars
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate – 5 stars
- A Place Called Winter by Patrick Gale – 3 stars
- Castle of Water by Dane Huckelbridge – 4 stars
- Be Frank With Me by Julia Claiborne Johnson – 3 stars
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee – 5 stars
- The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne – 5 stars
- The Arrangement by Sarah Dunn – 2 stars
- The Curse of the Boyfriend Sweater by Alanna Okun – 3 stars
- The Good Liar by Catherine McKenzie – 5 stars
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah – 5 stars
Just sharing my star ratings, I feel at a loss for words when I’m trying to describe what I thought about the books for some reason. It’s very frustrating! I really used to love writing out reviews, I don’t know what happened.